NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Citigroup upgraded Western Refining (WNR) to "buy" from "neutral" and set a $55 price target. The firm said potential restructuring leads to increased free cash flow and growth.
The stock was up 1.48% to $40.38 shortly after the market opened on Monday.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- WNR's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 70.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 46.32% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, WNR should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 2.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $83.72 million to $85.55 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 279.69% to $64.03 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, WESTERN REFINING INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 17.65%.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: WNR Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts