BioDelivery Sciences International (BDSI) Is Today's Pre-Market Mover With Heavy Volume Stock
- BDSI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.2 million.
- BDSI traded 270,247 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:20 AM, representing 40.8% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BDSI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BDSI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on BDSI: BioDelivery Sciences International, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, develops and commercializes therapeutics in the areas of pain management and oncology supportive care. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate BioDelivery Sciences International a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold. The average volume for BioDelivery Sciences International has been 766,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. BioDelivery Sciences International has a market cap of $583.8 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 2.42 and a short float of 9% with 5.25 days to cover. Shares are up 100.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates BioDelivery Sciences International as a sell. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL is currently extremely low, coming in at 5.05%. Despite the low profit margin, it has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, BDSI's net profit margin of -22.44% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, BIODELIVERY SCIENCES INTL reported poor results of -$1.51 versus -$0.04 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.68 versus -$1.51).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 63.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$12.72 million to -$4.64 million.
- This stock has increased by 187.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in BDSI do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full BioDelivery Sciences International Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.