DUBLIN, Ohio, July 7, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- As part of its continued commitment to supporting future pharmacists, Cardinal Health today announced that nine pharmacy schools across the country will collectively receive $2 million in funding through the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program in 2014.
The company has donated nearly $4.2 million to more than 20 universities through this program since its launch in June 2011.
The nine schools that were selected to participate in this year's Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program were chosen based on their commitment to advancing the independent pharmacy profession. These schools offer curricula focused on operating an independent pharmacy; support student-run chapters of the National Community Pharmacists Association (NCPA); endorse internship and co-op programs with local independent retail pharmacies; and demonstrate high post-graduate placement rates in community pharmacy settings.
"We know community pharmacists play a critical role in improving the cost-effectiveness of healthcare, and in helping patients better manage their overall health," said Mike Kaufmann, chief executive officer of Cardinal Health's Pharmaceutical segment. "We're proud to support tomorrow's community pharmacy leaders through this scholarship program, and we're inspired by the impact we know they'll have on their patients and communities, when they become pharmacy owners."The nine schools that received pharmacy scholarship funding from the Cardinal Health Pharmacy Scholarship Program in 2014 include:
- East Tennessee State University Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy ( Johnson City, Tenn.)
- The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy ( Columbus, Ohio)
- Samford University McWhorter School of Pharmacy ( Birmingham, Ala.)
- Campbell University College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences ( Buies Creek, N.C.)
- Northeastern University Bouve College of Health Sciences, School of Pharmacy ( Boston)
- St. Louis College of Pharmacy ( St. Louis, Mo.)
- Auburn University Harrison School of Pharmacy ( Auburn, Ala.)
- University of the Pacific Thomas J. Long School of Pharmacy and Health Sciences ( Stockton, Calif.)
- Idaho State University College of Pharmacy ( Pocatello, Idaho)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV