NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Archer-Daniels-Midland Co. (ADM - Get Report) announced today that it is acquiring Wild Flavors GmbH, giving ADM the ability to offer food and beverage companies a comprehensive suite of systems to enhance and improve their products.
In an all-cash transaction valued at approximately 2.3 billion euros enterprise value, ADM will pay 2.2 billion euros to Wild Flavors shareholders Dr. Hans-Peter Wild and funds affiliated with Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. (KKR - Get Report), and assume approximately 0.1 billion euros of net debt.
Shares of ADM are flat in pre-market trade.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, ADM's share price has jumped by 29.96%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- ADM's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.28 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.77 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ARCHER-DANIELS-MIDLAND CO reported lower earnings of $2.03 versus $2.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.99 versus $2.03).
- ADM, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 3.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 4.7%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: ADM Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts