Major sporting events, such as the Winter Olympics and the ongoing FIFA World Cup, and the recent high-profile acquisitions by Google and Facebook have fueled this growth. Mike Butcher, editor-at-large at TechCrunch, has said in an email that the increasing sale of smart connected televisions, a market which is dominated by Samsung (SSNLF) and Vizio in the U.S., is also an important factor.
Besides these, Ritter has pointed towards "continued growth and innovation from key players" in the industry as well as Twitter's (TWTR) "effective leveraging of their acquisition of video-sharing app Vine." These have been the primary drivers for the growth of online ad spending this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV