NEW YORK -- Anthony Cumia of the "Opie & Anthony" radio show has been fired by SiriusXM (SIRI), who cited his "racially charged" and "hate-filled" remarks on Twitter as the reason.
SiriusXM spokesman Patrick Reilly said Friday that Cumia's remarks and postings were "abhorrent" to the satellite radio company.
In addition to racial remarks, they also included tweets and retweets that were degrading to women.
Reilly says the shock jock was fired late Thursday.Cumia's response Friday on Twitter included an obscenity in relation to SiriusXM. He says he was fired over material that was not aired and was not illegal.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV