ComEd has restored power to 99 percent of the more than 420,000 customers affected by Monday’s fast-moving storms, which included multiple tornadoes and strong winds reaching 120 miles per hour.
These storms brought approximately 80,000 lightning strikes, and caused severe damage to electrical infrastructure, knocking down multiple poles and power lines.
Nearly 900 ComEd and contractor crews have been working around the clock to safely and efficiently restore service to customers. In addition, approximately 400 crews from ten states continue to provide restoration assistance until all customers are restored. Customers who remain without power are in some of the hardest hit areas. Restoration efforts in these locations require the most extensive physical repair work in order to restore power safely. Crews will continue to work until power is restored to all customers.
“Our number one priority is restoring power quickly and safely to customers in the remaining impacted areas,” said Terence R. Donnelly, executive vice president and chief operating officer for ComEd. “We realize that outages disrupt customers’ lives and businesses. We appreciate our customers’ patience as we make repairs to our system following this damaging storm.”ComEd urges customers to contact the utility immediately if they are experiencing a power outage. Customers can text OUT to 26633 (COMED) to report their outage and receive restoration information. ComEd also offers a mobile app for iPhone and Android® smart phones that gives customers the ability to report power outages and manage their accounts. In addition, customers can report outages through the website at ComEd.com or on ComEd’s Facebook page at Facebook.com/ComEd or by calling 1-800 EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661). Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237). Public safety is paramount during storms and ComEd encourages the public to remember to take the following precautions:
- If you encounter a downed power line, immediately call ComEd at 1-800-EDISON1 (1-800-334-7661) or access our website at ComEd.com and report the location. Spanish-speaking customers should call 1-800-95-LUCES (1-800-955-8237). Never approach a downed power line. Always assume a power line is energized and extremely dangerous
- Check on elderly and other sensitive family members and neighbors to ensure their safety and make alternate arrangements, as it may be some time before their power is restored.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV