First Sag Harbor Waterfront Condos to Hit the Market in Six Years
SAG HARBOR, NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- It has taken six years, but Sag Harbor's latest luxury condominium development, now known as Harbor's Edge, will go on sale in late July.
Interest in the 15-unit complex is "crazy," Keith Green, director of sales for Harbor's Edge, said in an interview. "We've received hundreds of inquiries."
Formerly called West Water Street, the project broke ground in 2008 but construction stopped the following year due to the financial crisis and subsequent crash of the local housing market. The development was reborn 18 months ago and is likely to finish by the end of the summer.The complex offers two- and three-bedroom homes, including three penthouses, ranging in price from $2.5 million to $6.5 million. All units have open-plan living spaces, fireplaces and high-end kitchens and baths. There will also be a shared rooftop pool and in-season concierge. All homes face the town's stunning harbor and its famous sunsets. Harbor's Edge is just blocks away from Sag Harbor's massive Watchcase project, which includes 64 luxury lofts and townhouses. Many of the multi-million dollar condos in the former Bulova factory went on sale last summer. Most have since sold. "The little joke that I make to people I've been talking to is that the people that will be buying here, it's not that they don't want to clean gutters. It's they don't want to know what a gutter is. And, I think that defines the condominium buyer," Green said.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV