American Water Works Company, Inc. (NYSE: AWK), the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company, today announced recipients of the 23rd annual James V. LaFrankie Scholarship Awards. The awards were distributed nationwide to nine college-bound children of full-time American Water employees, who demonstrate an interest in water-related industry occupational fields.
Out of 32 applicants, American Water selected nine high school seniors based on their outstanding high school records, academic honors, participation in extracurricular activities and teacher recommendations. The scholarships are awarded for a term of one year in individual awards of $1,000. Scholarship renewal is contingent upon the student's academic progress and may be renewed up to three years.
The scholarship award recipients are as follows:
- Margaret Boland of Lexington, Ky., daughter of Charlie Boland, Major Accounts & External Affairs Specialist in Lexington, Ky.
- Tyler Campbell of St. Peters, Mo., son of Tim Campbell, Utility Worker in St. Peters/Cottleville, Mo.
- Ryan Gallagher of Cherry Hill, N.J., son of Jack Gallagher, Construction Services Engineering Director in Mt. Laurel, N.J.
- Lauren Harrison of Sutherland, Va., daughter of Kevin Harrison, Utility Technician in Hopewell, Va.
- Dallas Hogan of Mount Laurel, N.J., daughter of Maria Hogan, Executive Assistant in Cherry Hill, N.J.
- Jacob Pieti of Calumet, Mich., son of Marc Pieti, Operations Support Representative III in Calumet, Mich.
- Secilia Ramirez of Lawton, Okla., step-daughter of David Hastings, Operations Supervisor in Fort Sill, Okla.
- Samuel Stewart of Ballwin, Mo., son of Daniel Stewart, Network Supervisor in St. Louis, Mo.
- Kali Templeton of Eleanor, W.Va., daughter of William “Butch” Templeton, Field Operations Supervisor in Charleston, W.Va.
“American Water is pleased to provide scholarships to employees’ children who have demonstrated outstanding academic achievements,” said Len Crane, vice president of Human Resources. “It is important to us that we give students the opportunity to advance their education and support their academic and future career endeavors.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV