Macquarie Infrastructure Company (NYSE:MIC) announced that a performance fee of $5.0 million is payable to its management company, Macquarie Infrastructure Management (USA) Inc. (“MIMUSA”), for the second quarter of 2014. Performance fees are payable when the total return for shareholders of MIC exceeds that of a benchmark index and cumulative total returns are in excess of any prior underperformance.
Performance fees are calculated based on a comparison of the 15-day volume weighted average price of MIC’s shares at the end of each quarter with the same calculation for the prior quarter. The average closing value of the MIC accumulation index for the last 15 trading days of the second quarter was approximately 11.5% above the average closing of the accumulation index for the 15 trading days ended March 31, 2014.
MIMUSA has elected to reinvest the performance fee for the second quarter in additional LLC interests. In accordance with the Management Services Agreement in place between MIC and MIMUSA, the price at which additional shares are to be issued will be calculated using the volume weighted average price of MIC’s shares over the last month of the quarter for which the fee is calculated. MIMUSA will reinvest the second quarter performance fee in an additional 81,680 shares of MIC. All performance fees previously generated have also been reinvested in additional shares.
MIC expects to publish its financial results for the second quarter of 2014 after the close of the markets on July 30, 2014. A conference call during which management will discuss the results will be conducted the morning of July 31, 2014.MIC also reported that it closed on the acquisition of 19.8 megawatts of wind power generating assets located in New Mexico for $10.6 million including transaction costs. The investment is the Company’s first investment in wind power generation.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV