Citigroup maintained a "neutral" rating for the stock.
Must read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The gross profit margin for REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP is currently very high, coming in at 93.71%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 23.89% trails the industry average.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP's earnings per share declined by 8.7% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, REGIONS FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.78 versus $0.75 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.86 versus $0.78).
- RF, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 2.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 5.5%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Commercial Banks industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 4.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $335.00 million to $319.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: RF Ratings Report