NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- RATINGS CHANGES
Glimcher Realty Trust (GRT) was upgraded to hold at TheStreet Ratings.
TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about its recommendation:
"We rate Glimcher Realty Trust a hold. The primary factors that have impacted our rating are mixed ? some indicating strength, some showing weaknesses, with little evidence to justify the expectation of either a positive or negative performance for this stock relative to most other stocks. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins."
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 8.2%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $25.91 million or 32.76% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, GLIMCHER REALTY TRUST has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 30.00%.
- GLIMCHER REALTY TRUST has improved earnings per share by 40.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, GLIMCHER REALTY TRUST reported poor results of -$0.27 versus -$0.24 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.09 versus -$0.27).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, GLIMCHER REALTY TRUST's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for GLIMCHER REALTY TRUST is rather low; currently it is at 20.10%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -1.76% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GRT Ratings Report
TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about its recommendation: "We rate Triple-S Management a buy. This is driven by multiple strengths, which we believe should have a greater impact than any weaknesses, and should give investors a better performance opportunity than most stocks we cover. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and attractive valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."
Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- GTS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.11 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- GTS, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 16.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.2%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORP increased its bottom line by earning $2.01 versus $1.90 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 33.4% in earnings ($1.34 versus $2.01).
- The share price of TRIPLE-S MANAGEMENT CORP has not done very well: it is down 17.38% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, although the push and pull of the overall market trend could certainly make a critical difference, we do not see any strong reason stemming from the company's fundamentals that would cause a continuation of last year's decline. In fact, the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: GTS Ratings Report
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts