MUNICH, July 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today announced strategic investments in Germany; Deutsche Telekom's customer unit T-Systems has been named the provider for salesforce.com's German data centre and the company's strategic partner throughout the DACH region, forming salesforce.com's first strategic alliance in DACH. In addition, salesforce.com will expand its Munich headquarters and has opened its Berlin office. Salesforce.com also announced it will sponsor Bundesverband Deutsche Start-Ups to foster innovation in new German companies, joining Facebook, Google and Lufthansa Systems. Innovative German companies Bayer Vital, Commerzbank, Coca Cola Erfrischungsgetränke and Software AG are now connecting with customers in a whole new way with Salesforce, joining leading German companies such as airberlin, BMW and Endress&Hauser.
Comments on the News
- "Salesforce.com sees tremendous opportunity for German customers to succeed in the cloud, and is making local investments that will accelerate customer success," said Marc Benioff, chairman and CEO, salesforce.com. "Today we want to thank our German customers for helping make us one of the top 10 largest software companies in the world -- salesforce.com is the first cloud company to achieve this status."
- "German companies are growing and succeeding with salesforce.com," said Miguel Milano, president, EMEA, salesforce.com. "Today's announcements underscore salesforce.com's focus on delighting our German customer base and our ecosystem of partners and developers."
- "Companies that want to benefit from the opportunities of the digital age have to master an ever broader technological spectrum – and Deutsche Telekom's corporate customers unit and salesforce.com are now working together to support them on that," said Tim Höttges, Chairman of the Board of Management, Deutsche Telekom. "Together with salesforce.com, we are expanding our range of simple and cost-effective cloud services, particularly for small and medium-sized enterprises, which form such a strong part of our economy in this country."
- "Salesforce1 World Tour Munich is one of the biggest IT events in Germany this year and I am excited to join Marc onstage at the keynote," said Karl-Heinz Streibich, CEO, Software AG. "Software AG is completely transforming our relationships with customers, employees and partners with the latest in social, mobile and connected cloud technologies from salesforce.com and Software AG."
Deutsche Telekom and Salesforce.com Now Strategic Partners in DACHSalesforce.com has selected Deutsche Telekom's corporate customer unit T-Systems as the provider for the previously announced data centre in Germany, which will be powered 100 percent by renewable energy sources. This new data centre, salesforce.com's first in Germany, is expected to support the company's cloud computing services across its growing customer base in the region. The company plans to open three new data centres in Europe, including data centres in the UK and France. Salesforce.com's first European data centre is expected to open in the UK in 2014 while data centres in Germany and France are expected to open in 2015.
In addition, the two companies today announced that T-Systems will also become the primary reseller for salesforce.com's leading cloud services in the DACH region.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts