SAN FRANCISCO, July 3, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Salesforce.com (NYSE: CRM), the world's #1 CRM platform, today introduced Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards, enabling Salesforce1 Mobile App users to instantly access, analyze and act on business data from anywhere. The new reporting capabilities for Salesforce1 will deliver the most complete, customizable and open reporting experience in a single app—extending any user's ability to run their business from their phone. Now every Salesforce1 user will be able to instantly unlock answers found within their business data and take informed actions to move their business forward. Leading companies such as FFF Enterprises, Iron Mountain and Talent Plus are driving greater mobile productivity with Salesforce1.
Comments on the News
- "Having instant visibility into business data is no longer a luxury," said Keith Bigelow, senior vice president and general manager, big data and analytics, salesforce.com. "With Salesforce1, customers can act on business information in real-time."
- "We need visibility into our changing business," said David Pier, director, sales applications, Iron Mountain. "With Salesforce1 we can customize reports for our business, getting the answers we need to push sales, service and marketing to go faster."
- "For mobile business applications to advance, vendors must rethink the human interface and make usability a priority, particularly when it comes to reporting and visualizing data," said Rebecca Wetteman, vice president, research, Nucleus Research. "By focusing on the next action that a business user can take to meet business objectives, Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards will deliver critical analytics solutions that enables users to stay productive and keep their business moving wherever they are."
Business Users Demand More from Mobile ComputingThe Salesforce1 Mobile App delivers the most complete mobile app experience for users. Through a single interface, Salesforce1 connects users to everything that is important to their business and enables them to instantly complete any process or action. But as Salesforce1 users experience success with mobile computing, they want to reach higher levels of productivity and take more actions from their phone. However, users may need additional business data to inform actions in order to proceed with confidence in the moment—whether a sales executive is deciding which deal to help close at the end of a quarter or a customer service leader is analyzing which critical issues are impacting top customers.
Introducing Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards—Instantly Access, Analyze and Act on Business Data From AnywhereNew reporting capabilities for Salesforce1 will deliver the most complete, customizable and open reporting experience in a single app—extending any user's ability to run their business from their phone. Now every user will be able to instantly unlock answers found within their business data and take informed actions to move their business forward. They will be able to:ACCESS: The Salesforce1 Mobile App already gives users instant access to all of their Salesforce CRM and custom reports and dashboards. With new Mobile Reports & Dashboards, users will now be able to drill through dashboards to access and update underlying records and data. For example, with a few taps on a phone, an automotive executive will be able to access a dashboard of expected revenues across dealerships, drill into the data to better understand why some are performing better than others, and then act by creating a special lease offer for dealerships to incentivize prospective buyers to ensure revenue goals are met in underperforming areas. ANALYZE: New Reporting and Dashboards APIs will revolutionize the way customers analyze data in Salesforce. Developers will now have programmatic access to report data that can be integrated into any web or mobile app—inside or outside the Salesforce1 Platform. They can even use rich visualizations from third-party chart libraries to animate Salesforce data, giving users the ability to further customize reports and dashboards for their own use. A regional sales manager, for example, will be able to monitor all of the deals for the quarter through a custom reporting app grouped by account rep and monthly quota. Because the app was built with Reporting and Dashboards APIs, an account rep in the field will be able to use the same app to stay up to date on her pipeline by customizing the view to compare deals closed by peers, or zeroing in on those just closed by her. Each of them would be looking at the same real-time data, while viewing it through charts personally customized to inform their actions. ACT: Business users need all the contextual data relevant for a specific action in one place. However, some mobile form factors can be limiting, requiring users to toggle between key data sets, often impeding progress. With Mobile Reports & Dashboards, users will be able to drag and drop charts and dashboards directly onto record detail pages for any standard or custom object, bringing together critical data points that accelerate action. For example, an admin will be able to embed a chart displaying top up-sell opportunities directly inside of an account record, putting all of the contextual data sales reps need into a single view. In addition, users will be able to instantly post snapshots of any chart to their Salesforce1 Chatter feed to initiate a conversation around the data. Charts and dashboards have always served as great alignment tools, and now teams will be able to collaborate around real-time information and reach a consensus on the next action—directly within the feed. Leading Companies Will Drive Greater Mobile Productivity with Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & DashboardsWell-designed dashboards are a vehicle to deliver critical updates and key metrics across the organization, informing actions across the C-Suite and down to the line of business. Leading companies including FFF Enterprises, Iron Mountain and Talent Plus are already driving greater mobile productivity with Salesforce1. With the new Reporting and Dashboards APIs, companies will be able to take advantage of open charting libraries, including Google Charts, D3.js, CanvasJS, Chart.js, HighCharts JS and RGraph. With Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards, users will have greater flexibility to create and customize their own charts or embed them into custom apps, delivering a whole new way to engage in rich data experiences on a mobile phone. Pricing and Availability
- Salesforce1 Mobile App is now generally available for download at Apple App Store and Google Play.
- Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards will be included with all user licenses of Salesforce CRM and the Salesforce1 Platform.
- Charts and dashboards can be built with data from Salesforce CRM or custom apps built on the Salesforce1 Platform today. Access to charts and dashboards built on the Salesforce1 Platform via the Salesforce1 Mobile App is also available today.
- Drill-through functionality for charts and dashboards using the Salesforce1 Mobile App is expected to be generally available in July 2014.
- Salesforce1 Reporting and Dashboards APIs, embedding reports into any app, and embedding charts onto any record are expected to be generally available in July 2014.
- Sharing dashboard snapshots via Salesforce1 Chatter is expected to be available in the second half of 2014.
- For more information on Salesforce1 Mobile Reports & Dashboards, please visit: http://salesforce.com/salesforce1
- Follow @salesforce on Twitter: http://twitter.com/salesforce
- Like salesforce.com on Facebook: http://facebook.com/salesforce
- Get more information on Salesforce1 Mobile App at http://www.salesforce.com/mobile
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Apple App Store at https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/salesforcea/id404249815?ls=1&mt=8
- Download the Salesforce1 Mobile App from Google Play at https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.salesforce.chatter&hl=en
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV