NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- TheStreet's Jim Cramer, co-manager of the Action Alerts PLUS portfolio, took a look at two stocks that recently reported earnings, Pitney Bowes (PBI) and Eaton Corp. (ETN), an AAP holding.
Cramer noted that Pitney Bowes, though reporting in-line earnings, boosted its full-year guidance. "I like the stock very much," he said.
As for Eaton, shares are down slightly following a slew of analyst downgrades. But Cramer is undeterred. Despite the company and its management failing to live up to expectations, he plans to stick with the stock.
"When everyone downgrades a stock, it's closer to a bottom than a top," he concluded.
-- Written by Bret Kenwell in Petoskey, Mich. Follow @BretKenwell
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV