<p>NEW YORK (<a href="http://www.thestreet.com" target="blank">TheStreet</a>) -- When it comes to favorite cultural trends, we can be downright possessive -- even addictive -- in our behavior, whether it's a new convertible, season tickets to the Red Sox or high-end Jimmy Choo pumps .
But all of those pale in comparison to what really matters to Americans -- their smartphones.
Bank of America says consumers have such a death grip on their beloved phones that they "couldn't last a day with their mobile phones."
Some demographics value their phones so much that they rank it as a higher priority than their personal hygiene (that means you, millennials.)Also see: We'll Risk Our Safety or Pay Up to $1,000 for Our Phones Also see: Your Boss Wants You Using Smartphone, Doesn't Want to Pay for It
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV