3 Stocks Pushing The Services Sector Lower
- PRLS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 49.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for PEERLESS SYSTEMS CORP is currently very high, coming in at 85.74%. Regardless of PRLS's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PRLS's net profit margin of 9.32% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, PEERLESS SYSTEMS CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$0.93 million or 374.55% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts