3 Stocks Pushing The Chemicals Industry Lower
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Chemicals industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 4.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1.19 million to $1.24 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 92.12% to -$0.28 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PENFORD CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -1.65%.
- PENFORD CORP reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, PENFORD CORP turned its bottom line around by earning $0.32 versus -$0.77 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.55 versus $0.32).
- The gross profit margin for PENFORD CORP is currently extremely low, coming in at 14.59%. Regardless of PENX's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, PENX's net profit margin of 1.16% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- PENX has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 17.58% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts