MUNCIE, Ind., July 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- (NASDAQ: MFSF) MutualBank is pleased to announce that it has signed a definitive agreement to acquire Summit Mortgage, Inc., a mortgage banking company headquartered in Fort Wayne, Indiana. The transaction has received all regulatory approvals and is expected to close in August 2014. Summit Mortgage has been serving Fort Wayne and the surrounding communities for nearly twenty years. They excel in conventional, construction, FHA and Veteran lending as well as no PMI programming and USDA Rural Development lending. They have a strong reputation as being honest and knowledgeable. Summit Mortgage is a part of the Indiana Mortgage Bankers Association, the Better Business Bureau, Fort Wayne Area Association of Realtors and Home Builders Association.
"The team at Summit Mortgage, led by Shawn McArdle and Vicki Reed, has built an incredible business over the last twenty years," says Pat Botts, President and COO of MutualBank. "By welcoming Summit's staff to the MutualBank team, we hope to expand the offerings to Summit's customers. Being backed by a financial institution gives Summit's customers alternatives and possibilities beyond the current solutions." McArdle and Reed will continue to manage Summit Mortgage as President and Vice President, respectively.
"We look forward to the positive results of our partnership with MutualBank," President and Loan Originator at Summit Mortgage, Shawn McArdle says. "We appreciate the investment MutualBank is making in Summit Mortgage. We look forward to a more comprehensive array of products and services as we continue to provide excellent care for our customers in Northeastern Indiana and Southern Michigan."
Beasley & Gilkison, LLP provided legal representation to MutualBank in the transaction and Summit Mortgage, Inc. was represented by Barrett & McNagny, LLP.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV