If There's One Thing All Investors Should Never Do It's This: StockTwits
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- We see amazing charts each day on StockTwits.
But today one in particular chart caught our eye. It shows some of the perilous steps new traders and investors often take. These steps are primarily psychological, and they're often a bad case of over-reacting to trivial news releases.
Charts like the one we shared below should be bookmarked by everyone. They're important mental models to embrace that highlight the power of greed and fear. Here it is, and remember, these are steps to avoid at all costs:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV