Jay Fishman, CEO of Traveler's (TRV) since 2004 and friend of Dimon's since the 1980's, appeared on the cover of Forbes under the title "Wall Street's Honest Man" because of his straightforward talking and conservative investing practices. Fishman came to Traveler's in 1993 as their chief financial officer when Traveler's bought Primerica, where Fishman was working as an executive at the time. Fishman's navigation through the financial crisis that left Traveler's unscathed would make him a possible candidate for the position.
Fishman and Dimon's relationship goes back to the creation of Citigroup (C) under Sandy Weill. Were JPMorgan to prove unwieldy to shareholders and regulators, Fishman, having served during the rise and fall of Citigroup, could have the right touch to reign in the bank's operations.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV