- California continues to be the riskiest state with a Mortgage Fraud Risk Index of 146, and it contains eight of the 10 riskiest Metropolitan Statistical Areas, (MSAs) and eight of the 10 riskiest ZIP codes. California also continues to dominate the type-specific lists with four of the 10 riskiest MSAs for property valuation fraud, seven of the 10 riskiest MSAs for identity fraud, six of the 10 riskiest MSAs for occupancy fraud and eight of the 10 riskiest MSAs for employment/income fraud.
- The top 10 riskiest states for Q1 2014 are California; Washington, D.C.; Florida; Maryland; Arizona; Connecticut; New Jersey; Maine; Arkansas; and Colorado. For the first time since the inception of this report in 2009, Nevada is not in the top 10.
- After largely disappearing from the riskiest MSAs, Miami-Ft. Lauderdale-Pompano Beach, Florida reappeared this quarter as the ninth riskiest MSA in overall fraud risk with an index of 136, sixth riskiest for property valuation fraud and fourth riskiest for occupancy fraud.
Interthinx Q1 2014 Report Reveals Property Valuation Fraud Risk Up Nationwide
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts