The stock surged by double digits on Monday but declined Tuesday after MLV & Co. downgraded the stock to "hold" from "buy." The firm is curbing its expectations for Afrezza until the next step in the process.
"Our next immediate focus is the commercial partnership for Afrezza," the firm wrote in a research note. "Which pharma MNKD secures as a partner and partnership deal terms will be major factors in determining how the market (and stock) reacts. We expect partnership news in the next two to three months (but are hopeful it could come sooner), and note that we'll likely use that event as an opportunity to re-evaluate our views on the stock and Afrezza's prospects."
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite StocksSTOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. The stock was down 4.48% to $9.86 at 12:11 p.m. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV