ALLENTOWN, Pa., July 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- PPL Corporation (NYSE: PPL) announced Wednesday (7/2) that an executive with more than three decades of wide-ranging technology and management experience will join the company's board of directors.
Armando Zagalo de Lima, a Xerox executive vice president, has been elected to the PPL board, effective July 3, 2014. Zagalo de Lima, who has served Xerox in a number of key positions since 1983, will be retiring from Xerox at the end of this year.
"We are very pleased to welcome Armando to the PPL board," said William H. Spence, PPL chairman, president and Chief Executive Officer. "His very strong technical background and his line management and staff experience at Xerox make him an exceptionally strong addition to our already excellent board."
In his role as president of Xerox Technology from 2012 to July 1, 2014, Zagalo de Lima, 55, was responsible for engineering, product development, manufacturing, distribution, managed print services, sales channels and technical services to effectively manage and grow business on a global basis.From 2010 to 2012, he served as Xerox president of Global Customer Operations, with responsibility for worldwide sales, service and customer administration activities for Xerox's document technology, services and solutions. Prior to this role, Zagalo de Lima led Xerox Europe from 2001 to 2010, serving as chief operating officer and then president, driving business activity in nearly 20 countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV