Keynes' Way to Wealth: Timeless Principles for Retirement Investors
Keynes the Stellar Investor
Unlike many investors who buy high and sell low, Keynes learned from his mistakes and three separate events that triggered near financial ruin. He was able to move on, reach new conclusions about how to regard market movements and earn a place in the pantheon of great investors that includes Benjamin Graham, Warren Buffett and George Soros.
In addition to eventually crafting ideas and institutions that would rescue Western economies (and Japan) after two devastating cataclysms, he managed money for his own portfolio, his Bloomsbury friends and several institutions. Keynes was most likely one of the first hedge fund managers and established some time-honored principles that the best investors follow today.
Keynes's performance under fire during the 1930s and World War II (his street in London was bombed), inspired several generations of investors that followed. His dogged pursuit of value stocks, dividends, cash flow and future earnings established him as a durable "buy and hold" investor who was confident he would be rewarded in the long run.After his death, the vindication of Keynes' portfolios proved that he deserved to be emulated. Although his estate was worth at least $22 million (in 2013 dollars) when he died, his contribution to the arts, modern economics and a more stable global economic climate is incalculable.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV