MSCI (MSCI) Hits New Lifetime High Today
- MSCI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $29.6 million.
- MSCI has traded 4,670 shares today.
- MSCI is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MSCI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MSCI NOW at Trade-Ideas More details on MSCI: MSCI Inc., together with its subsidiaries, provides a suite of performance, risk management, and corporate governance products and services worldwide. The company operates in two segments, Performance and Risk, and Governance. MSCI has a PE ratio of 25.1. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate MSCI a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold. The average volume for MSCI has been 628,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. MSCI has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.14 and a short float of 1.5% with 2.56 days to cover. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday. STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more. TheStreetRatings.com Analysis: TheStreet Quant Ratings rates MSCI as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, compelling growth in net income, reasonable valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- MSCI's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 3.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 9.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, MSCI's share price has jumped by 36.00%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, MSCI should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and greatly outperformed compared to the Diversified Financial Services industry average. The net income increased by 36.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $58.94 million to $80.40 million.
- The gross profit margin for MSCI INC is rather high; currently it is at 68.53%. Regardless of MSCI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MSCI's net profit margin of 33.54% significantly outperformed against the industry.
- You can view the full MSCI Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts