4. Government employment is the last "swing vote" in the jobs market.
Last summer, I wrote that the economy needed 20,000 construction jobs a month, 10,000 from manufacturing (ADP says manufacturers added 12,000 in June) and 5,000 to 10,000 government jobs a month to get to 250,000.
The ADP report doesn't cover government hiring. Look for that in the Labor Department report tomorrow.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts