NEW YORK, July 2, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- There's something special about experiencing New York City for the first time, which is why Toyota is excited to welcome the League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) 2014 National Convention to the Big Apple. This year's 85th National Convention, which will be held at the New York Hilton Midtown (1335 Avenue of the Americas) from July 8-12, 2014, marks the first time that any national Hispanic organization will be holding its annual conference in New York City. Toyota is a 2014 Presenting Sponsor.
Toyota has enjoyed a strong and longstanding relationship with LULAC, an organization that through its 1,000 local councils works to advance education, alleviate poverty, and improve the health and civil rights of Hispanic Americans. LULAC, which is based in San Antonio, Texas, also acts as the Latino community's government liaison in Washington, D.C. LULAC's National Convention will convene over 20,000 participants including key influencers and thought leaders from the worlds of government, business, philanthropy and the Hispanic community.
"We are especially excited to partner with LULAC on this year's conference, which promises to be as vibrant and active as the event's host city," says Bill Fay, group vice president and general manager of the Toyota division at Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. "New ideas, important policy discussions and interesting opportunities are hallmarks of this Convention and it's these kinds of dialogues that help us make better cars for our customers and be good citizens within the Hispanic community."
At the Convention, Toyota will present LULAC with a hybrid Prius that will serve as the official vehicle of this year's event. LULAC will have use of the car for one year as it works with Toyota to raise environmental awareness among the Hispanic community and encourage greener and more sustainable lifestyles.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV