NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY) will pay up to $1.725 billion to buy Seragon Pharmaceuticals, a privately-held, San Diego-based biotech company that researches breast cancer treatments, Reuters reports.
The company was spun out from Aragon Pharmaceuticals in 2013 when that company was bought by Johnson & Johnson (JNJ), Reuters noted.
Roche Holding shares closed slightly lower at $37.29 yesterday.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV