NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- A small planned city near Tampa, Fla., illustrates how U.S. homebuilders M/I Homes (MHO), Ryland Homes (RYL) and Taylor Morrison (TMHC) are betting on a rebound in the economy and a resurgent housing market.
The city is Connerton, located in the center of Pasco County, Fla., about 25 miles north of Tampa, and I've been watching its evolution over the past five years.
New housing activity began in early 2013 with four homebuilders, including the the publicly traded ones mentioned above, building their models. I attended the grand opening around Memorial Day in 2013.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV