NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Nordstrom
(JWN) shares are up 1.1% to $68.70 after analysts at Topeka Capital raised their price target to $75 from $73 while maintaining their "buy" rating on the company's shares.
"We continue to like JWN shares here, particularly as we head into its important Anniversary Sale this month," analysts Dorthy S. Lakner said.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
TheStreet Ratings team rates NORDSTROM INC as a Buy with a ratings score of A-. TheStreet Ratings Team has this to say about their recommendation:
"We rate NORDSTROM INC (JWN) a BUY. This is based on the convergence of positive investment measures, which should help this stock outperform the majority of stocks that we rate. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations, increase in stock price during the past year, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income."Highlights from the analysis by TheStreet Ratings Team goes as follows:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 7.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $217.00 million or 34.78% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NORDSTROM INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -79.40%.
- NORDSTROM INC' earnings per share from the most recent quarter came in slightly below the year earlier quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, NORDSTROM INC increased its bottom line by earning $3.72 versus $3.56 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.90 versus $3.72).
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- 41.86% is the gross profit margin for NORDSTROM INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of JWN's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, JWN's net profit margin of 4.77% compares favorably to the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: JWN Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV