NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Toyota Motor Corp. (TM - Get Report) are higher by 2.02% to $122.08 in mid-afternoon trading today after the company announced its June 2014 sales made the company the number one car retail brand for the first half of 2014.
Toyota division reported an 11% increase in sales to 178,196 units year-over-year, on a DSR basis.
The Toyota-owned Lexus brand reported June sales of 23,518 units, a 19.3% increase year-over-year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 20.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 44.1%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- TOYOTA MOTOR CORP has improved earnings per share by 16.8% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, TOYOTA MOTOR CORP increased its bottom line by earning $11.17 versus $6.46 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($12.40 versus $11.17).
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 61.50% to $9,495.00 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 40.62%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Automobiles industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, TOYOTA MOTOR CORP has outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Automobiles industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income increased by 17.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $2,737.00 million to $3,204.00 million.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: TM Ratings Report