Bitauto Holdings (BITA) In A Perilous Reversal
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Bitauto Holdings (BITA) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bitauto Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BITA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $38.0 million.
- BITA has traded 521,397 shares today.
- BITA is down 3% today.
- BITA was up 5.3% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BITA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BITA NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on BITA: Bitauto Holdings Limited provides Internet content and marketing services for the automotive industry primarily in the People's Republic of China. BITA has a PE ratio of 87.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Bitauto Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.The average volume for Bitauto Holdings has been 956,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bitauto has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are up 52.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Bitauto Holdings as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 21.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 47.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- BITA has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.69, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, BITAUTO HOLDINGS LTD -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.95 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.55 versus $0.95).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 87.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.17 million to $5.94 million.
- You can view the full Bitauto Holdings Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV