- Don't drive under the influence. If you consume alcohol during your 4 th of July festivities, have a plan for getting home safely. As The National Safety Commission shares, everyone has options:
- Designate a sober driver – give that person your keys.
- Call a taxi or use public transportation.
- Use your community's designated driver service.
- Get your rest. According to conservative estimates by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, driving while drowsy results in 100,000 police-reported crashes each year. Don't allow holiday fun to cut short the amount of time you dedicate to resting, especially before you drive to or from a celebration.
- Never text or drive distracted. All drivers can pledge not to text and drive, and help reduce distracted driving deaths and injuries. Parents and teens can take a pledge together at www.facebook.com/XtheTXT
July 4 Again Named Deadliest Day On The Road For All Americans
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.