LOS ANGELES, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- Today, Los Angeles welcomes its newest stars with the opening of the unique combination, two-in-one hotel, the Courtyard and Residence Inn L.A. LIVE. Owned by American Life, Inc. and Williams & Dame Development, the Courtyard offers 174 rooms and the Residence Inn features 219 suites. Sharing the same space, the hotel brings to L.A. Live all of the services and amenities travelers have come to expect from the two Marriott International, Inc. (NASDAQ: MAR) power brands, Courtyard and Residence Inn.
As another chapter in the revitalization of downtown Los Angeles, the $170 million project adds hotel rooms and capacity to handle the growing influx of travelers which is expected to contribute more than $89 million annually in spending to the area. It is also the first branded select-service hotel to open in downtown Los Angeles in 20 years.
"We could not have asked for a better destination to open Marriott's first dual-branded hotel on the west coast," said Janis Milham, senior vice president of Modern Essential and Extended Stay brands, Marriott International. "The energetic L.A. vibe can be felt throughout the custom designed hotel. Its unique décor and layout allows guests to experience all the shared benefits of having two hotels under one roof."
"The hotels add further momentum to the revitalization of downtown Los Angeles, bringing new jobs and directly supporting economic activity at L.A. LIVE and the Convention Center," said Homer Williams, chairman of Williams & Dame Development. "In partnership with American Life and our project team, we were able to achieve an elegant design, with innovative technologies and other amenities that will appeal to a wide variety of guests."The hotel offers a shared state-of-the-art fitness center, two meeting rooms with 4,500 square feet of total meeting space with a capacity to accommodate up to 350 people.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV