NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Park Electrochemical Corp. (PKE) are higher by 2.38% to $28.78 in late-morning trading on Tuesday after the company reported an increase in net income to $8.6 million, or 39 cents per share for the 2014 first quarter, compared to $5.1 million, or 24 cents per share for the 2013 first quarter.
The global advanced materials company posted net sales of $48.8 million for the most recent quarter, compared to $43.4 million for the same period last year.
Must Read: Warren Buffett's 25 Favorite Stocks
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals will not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- Despite currently having a low debt-to-equity ratio of 0.52, it is higher than that of the industry average, inferring that management of debt levels may need to be evaluated further. Even though the debt-to-equity ratio shows mixed results, the company's quick ratio of 12.10 is very high and demonstrates very strong liquidity.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Electronic Equipment, Instruments & Components industry and the overall market, PARK ELECTROCHEMICAL CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for PARK ELECTROCHEMICAL CORP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 29.44%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of -157.33% is significantly below that of the industry average.
- You can view the full analysis from the report here: PKE Ratings Report
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV