NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Fans were devastated when Comcast's (CMCSA) NBCUniversal cancelled Sony's (SNE) Sony Pictures Television's Community this past May. The sitcom created by Dan Harmon and starring Joel McHale and Yvette Nicole Brown delved into the hilariously complicated lives of students attending a community college in the fictitious Greendale, Colorado.
The cancellation spurred the Save Community petition campaign, whereby fans demanded NBC reverse its decision to cancel the show.
Community's revival appeared promising when online streaming service Hulu, a joint-venture of NBCUniversal, 21st Century Fox's (FOXA) Fox Broadcasting and Disney's (DIS) ABC Television, was rumored to pick up the show. Hulu was already streaming the show's five previous seasons online. But that deal fell through.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV