NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Agenus
(AGEN) shares are up 16.7% to $3.75 on Tuesday after the company announced that its experimental cancer vaccine helped patients with brain tumors live twice as long as those that received treatment without the vaccine.
Fifty percent of newly diagnosed glioblastoma multiforme (GBM) patients treated with the vaccine had their median overall survival time increased to two years in a mid-stage study.
Most GBM patients succumb to the disease within one year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV