- Produced record generation output from its nuclear fleet, which had a 94.1 percent capacity factor. Exelon-owned nuclear generation avoided an estimated 87 million metric tons of greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions – equivalent to the annual emissions of more than 18 million passenger vehicles. ( Source: U.S. EPA Greenhouse Gas Equivalencies Calculator)
- Achieved its best-ever operating year across its three utilities – BGE, ComEd and PECO – each of which improved over 2012 in all key metrics, including safety, reliability, customer service and customer satisfaction.
- Produced more than 5.8 million megawatt hours of electricity from renewable sources and added 153 megawatts of new solar capacity.
- Returned directly to the source more than 99 percent of the approximately 34.2 billion gallons of water per day utilized by Exelon-operated facilities.
- Delivered its best-ever OSHA recordable rate for employee safety.
- Provided more than $32.3 million in grants and more than 96,000 employee volunteer hours to non-profit organizations to improve the quality of life in the communities it serves.
- Sourced $906 million from diversity-certified suppliers, surpassing its 2013 goal.
- Returned an estimated 94 percent of its net revenue to the economy, through purchases of materials, goods and services; employee compensation and benefits and contracting expenses; and dividends, interest and taxes.
Exelon 2013 Sustainability Report Describes Efforts To Create Value For Customers, Communities And Shareholders
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts