WHAT'S NEW: Netflix's total worldwide market will more than double over the next three years to 207M, and its subscriber growth will continue to exceed expectations, Goldman analyst Heath Terry wrote in a note to investors earlier today. The company could have 62M overseas subscribers by 2017, generating margins of over 20% from its international business, the analyst stated. The subscriber growth will cause the company's margins to rise, Terry predicted. Meanwhile, the company is also poised to increase its average revenue per user by adding more types of subscription plans, he forecast. Terry upgraded his rating on the stock to Buy from Neutral and increased his price target on the shares to $590 from $380.
WHAT'S NOTABLE: On June 26, Barclays was much less upbeat on Netflix. The company has a good product, but the stock's valuation is high and the company has lofty subscriber growth targets and faces a great deal of competition, the firm stated. It initiated coverage of the stock with a $420 price target and Underweight rating.
PRICE ACTION: Shares of Netflix are rallying 6%, or $25.20, to $465.80 in early trading.
Reporting by Larry Ramer. For more of Tuesday's Analysts' Actions watch the video below:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV