NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Twitter, Inc. (TWTR) are up 4.39% to $42.77 after the messaging platform company named Anthony Noto, a former Goldman Sachs (GS) banker, chief financial officer, the Financial Times reports.
Noto was Goldman's managing director in the technology, media and telecoms investment banking group, which handled Twitter's initial public offering late last year
The move is part of a board reshuffle designed to allay concerns about slowing user growth, the Times said.
Noto replaces Mike Gupta who will become senior VP of investments within the next month.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV