AGCO (NYSE: AGCO), a global leader in the design, manufacture and distribution of agricultural machinery and solutions, announced that Richard Markwell, Vice President and Managing Director Massey Ferguson in Europe, Africa and Middle East (EAME), has been elected new President of CEMA, the association representing the producers of agricultural machinery in Europe.
Mr. Markwell succeeds Gilles Dryancour (John Deere) who had been chairing the association for the past five years. The official handover took place during the last CEMA Board meeting in Brussels on 18 June.
“It is important that AGCO is an integral part of associations like CEMA, driving the way forward for the agricultural industry. We are very confident that Richard will serve AGCO and the industry well in this position,” said Martin Richenhagen, Chairman, President and CEO of AGCO.
Commenting on the election, Mr. Markwell said: “It is a pleasure and honor to take over the chairmanship of CEMA at such an exciting and challenging time.”“Today, agricultural machinery represents a remarkably strong, vibrant and dynamic industry sector in Europe. Working together with the CEMA members, my aim is to ensure that our industry will continue to flourish and be in a position to offer innovative solutions to farmers worldwide.” AGCO takes the challenge of feeding a growing global population very seriously. Advanced farm machinery solutions are key to solving the challenge of doubling world food production and being able to feed 10 billion people in a sustainable manner by 2050. AGCO is committed to producing equipment and solutions for professional producers working to do just that. “CEMA will work closely with the new European Commission and Parliament to ensure that the EU will find appropriate policy concepts that will benefit Europe’s industrial base, including the agricultural machinery sector.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV