Cimarex Energy (XEC) Hits New Lifetime High Today
Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.Trade-Ideas LLC identified Cimarex Energy (XEC) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Cimarex Energy as such a stock due to the following factors:
- XEC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $377.4 million.
- XEC has traded 54,231 shares today.
- XEC is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in XEC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for XEC NOW at Trade-IdeasMore details on XEC: Cimarex Energy Co. operates as an independent oil and gas exploration and production company primarily in Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico. The company owns interests in 4,160 net productive oil and gas wells. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.5%. XEC has a PE ratio of 22.0. Currently there are 15 analysts that rate Cimarex Energy a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.The average volume for Cimarex Energy has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Cimarex Energy has a market cap of $12.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 2.29 and a short float of 1.7% with 0.55 days to cover. Shares are up 36.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.TheStreetRatings.com Analysis:TheStreet Quant Ratings rates Cimarex Energy as a buy. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and expanding profit margins. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 3.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 40.5%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 52.88% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 111.35% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- CIMAREX ENERGY CO reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CIMAREX ENERGY CO increased its bottom line by earning $6.49 versus $4.08 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($6.77 versus $6.49).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry. The net income increased by 54.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $89.93 million to $138.46 million.
- The gross profit margin for CIMAREX ENERGY CO is currently very high, coming in at 72.38%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 23.10% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- You can view the full Cimarex Energy Ratings Report.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12 months. Learn more.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV