Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) and Berkshire Hathaway Inc. (NYSE: BRK.A; BRK.B) reported today that they have completed a transaction, announced March 12, 2014, in which Berkshire has acquired a wholly-owned subsidiary of Graham Holdings, including WPLG, a Miami-based television station, 2,107 Class A Berkshire shares and 1,278 Class B Berkshire shares owned by Graham Holdings and $327.7 million in cash, in exchange for about 1,620,000 shares of Graham Holdings Class B common stock owned by Berkshire Hathaway.
About Berkshire Hathaway ( www.berkshirehathaway.com):
Berkshire Hathaway and its subsidiaries engage in diverse business activities including property and casualty insurance and reinsurance, utilities and energy, freight rail transportation, finance, manufacturing, retailing and services. Berkshire’s common stock is listed on the New York Stock Exchange, trading symbols BRK.A and BRK.B.
About Graham Holdings Company ( www.ghco.com):Graham Holdings Company (NYSE: GHC) is a diversified education and media company whose principal operations include educational services, television broadcasting, cable systems and online, print and local TV news. The Company owns Kaplan, a leading global provider of educational services; Post–Newsweek Stations (WDIV–Detroit, KPRC–Houston, WKMG–Orlando, KSAT–San Antonio, WJXT–Jacksonville); Cable ONE, serving small-city subscribers in 19 midwestern, western and southern states; and The Slate Group (Slate, Slate V, The Root); and Foreign Policy. The Company also owns Trove, a digital team focused on innovation and experimentation with emerging technologies; SocialCode, a leading social marketing solutions company; Celtic Healthcare; Forney Corporation; and Joyce/Dayton Corp.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV