NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- U.S. stock futures were advancing in a busy day for economic data. On the bill, expect to see motor vehicle sales and construction spending data out Tuesday, while investors will get to take the temperature of the manufacturing sector with both the Markit PMI manufacturing index and the ISM manufacturing survey due for release.
U.S. auto sales for June are expected to slip slightly to 13 million domestic vehicles, from 13.3 million a month earlier, while the PMI manufacturing index for June is anticipated to climb to 57 from 56.4.
Dow Jones Industrial Average futures added 0.2% to 16,774, S&P 500 futures were moving 0.19% higher to 1,956.25 and the Nasdaq was up 0.29% to 3,851.5. The latter two clinched their sixth consecutive quarterly gain on Monday, a feat not seen in more than a decade.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV