WALLDORF, Germany, July 1, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- SAP NEWSBYTE -- SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) today announced a co-innovation pilot with Volkswagen AG and further partners that intends to use mobility-and cloud services from SAP to help drivers locate parking and nearby food offers in Hannover, Germany. The pilot is the result of a multi-year partnership and co-innovation investment by both companies envisioned to drive standardization and common formats to consume such cloud-based services. The announcement was made at the 14th SAP Automotive Forum, being held July 1 - 2 in Leipzig, Germany.
Initially focused on eliminating the frustrations and inefficiencies drivers encounter daily while searching for parking in cities, the pilot is envisioned to further extend beyond parking services to include location based services (LBS) for quick service restaurants (QSR), offering drivers location based food offers once they have parked. Built on SAP HANA® Cloud Platform, the pilot plans to aggregate information on parking locations, vehicles' location and route. The pilot also aims to integrate data from the Hannover airport to resolve the challenges of airport parking. These processes and information are envisioned to be integrated via the SAP® Cloud portfolio and presented in an app on the user's mobile phone.
This pilot shall represent the first time SAP and Volkswagen are delivering an end-to-end, scalable and replicable city-wide parking solution. The envisioned result is a cloud-based solution hosted and offered by SAP that shall enable drivers to find the optimal parking, saving time, saving fuel and helping increase the vitality of urban settings. Volkswagen and SAP intend jointly to collaborate to drive standardization of the marketplace services and their adoption by the industry.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV