Honda Fit EV
At least a Lamborghini waiting list gives you a shot at getting the car. No such luck for those pining for an all-electric version of this modular, comfy Honda hatchback.
When Honda announced its Fit EV program last year, it noted that only 1,100 would be made over the 2013 and 2014 model years and that they would be leased to customers for a three-year period. Then they announced the monthly lease price: $389. That didn't woo anyone, so they dropped the price to $259 a month and dropped mileage restrictions completely.With the vehicles being leased in just eight states -- California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York, Oregon and Rhode Island -- that led to deep waiting lists that Honda dealers could only whittle down at a rate of 40 to 50 vehicles per month. Basically, any Honda EV that comes into the U.S. through the end of the production period this fall is already accounted for. Considering that the whole purpose of this exercise is to decide if an electric Fit will go into full production against the Chevy Spark and Ford Focus Electric, only Honda will know if the rest of us will ever get a shot at driving one of these efficient little hatchbacks with the myriad cupholders, multiple seating arrangements and myriad tech toys.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV