Newcastle Investment Corp. (NYSE:NCT; “Newcastle”, the “Company”) announced today it has completed the acquisition of 6 senior housing communities for a purchase price, excluding transaction costs, of $186 million. The purchase price was funded with unrestricted cash at Newcastle. The 6 rental continuing care retirement communities (“CCRCs”) consist of a total of 1,265 beds and are all located in Texas.
Concurrent with the acquisition, Newcastle entered into a triple-net master lease agreement with a subsidiary of Lifecare Companies LLC ("LCS”). The lease has an initial term of 15 years with two 5-year renewal options. The initial cash lease yield is 7.6% with 3.75% increases in years 2 to 4 and 2.50% in years 5 to 15.
LCS was established in 1971 and is a leading manager of CCRCs throughout the United States.
Newcastle has invested more than $700 million of equity throughout the past 24 months to acquire 95 senior housing properties with over 11,900 beds, totaling over $1.8 billion in assets.ABOUT NEWCASTLE The Company focuses on investing in, and actively managing, real estate related assets and primarily invests in: (1) Senior Housing Assets (2) Real Estate Debt and (3) Golf & Other Investments. The Company conducts its operations to qualify as a real estate investment trust ("REIT") for federal income tax purposes. The Company is managed by an affiliate of Fortress Investment Group LLC, a global investment management firm.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV