NEW YORK, June 30, 2014 /PRNewswire/ -- S&P Dow Jones Indices announces treatment of Weyerhaeuser Co. (NYSE:WY) Split-off in S&P 500:
- Weyerhaeuser Co. (WY.N) has entered into a definitive agreement pursuant to which Weyerhaeuser's homebuilding subsidiary will combine with a subsidiary of TRI Pointe Homes, Inc. (TPH.N) in a split-off exchange offer structured as a Reverse Morris Trust transaction. The exchange offer will expire at 12:00 midnight, NYC time, on June 30, 2014, unless the offer is extended or terminated. S&P DJI will not add the split-off company to any S&P 1500 index at the completion of the transaction.
A b out S&P Dow Jones Indices
S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, a subsidiary of The McGraw-Hill Companies is the world's largest, global resource for index-based concepts, data and research. Home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average(SM), S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC has over 115 years of experience constructing innovative and transparent solutions that fulfill the needs of institutional and retail investors. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other provider in the world. With over 830,000 indices covering a wide range of assets classes across the globe, S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC defines the way investors measure and trade the markets. To learn more about our company, please visit www.spdji.com.
I t is not possible to invest directly in an index. S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC, Dow Jones, and their respective affiliates, parents, subsidiaries, directors, officers, shareholders, employees and agents (collectively "S&P Dow Jones Indices") does not sponsor, endorse, sell, or promote any investment fund or other vehicle that is offered by third parties and that seeks to provide an investment return based on the returns of any S&P Dow Jones Indices index. This document does not constitute an offer of services in jurisdictions where S&P Dow Jones Indices or its affiliates do not have the necessary licenses. S&P Dow Jones Indices receives compensation in connection with licensing its indices to third parties.STANDARD & POOR'S and S&P are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor's Financial ServicesLLC. "Dow Jones" is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC ("Dow Jones").
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV