After the stock skyrocketed 31% on its first day to close at $31.34, shares hit an intraday high of $40.47 on the second day of trading. On Monday, shares closed at $40.55, representing a 70% jump from GoPro's high-end initial offering of $24 per share.
Already billed as one of the hottest IPOs to have hit the market since Twitter (TWTR), GoPro's blockbuster debut is certainly living up to the hype. For its sake, let's hope this is the last time the word "hype" and GoPro are used in the same sentence. But as with its cameras used for underwater images, don't hold your breath.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV